Friday, August 13, 2004

Getting To Know You & Me

TGIF and was not really in the mood to work; had a little MSN chat with my colleagues. One of them encouraged me to do the HUMANMETRICS (try this short, fun and worthwhile test!). Being the ever adventurous person, I did it. I read the review about my personality type... what a revelation! (read this to know me better and you can click on your type as well after you do the test). I must say, I was a skeptic about MBIT but to be fair, it does have its merits. Well, it doesn't hurt to get to know thyself better if it benefits the people you care, right? (and vice versa).

Now I understand why sometimes I have unnecessary conflicts with my dar (simply hate to argue); You know that feeling when something happened and you don't know what hit you? Or where you went wrong? My conviction tells me that it was not that we love each other any lesser, it was just that we have different personality types. If we knew this before, we could have worked our way through some of the unnecessary tiffs we had more constructively and put our energy to better use elsewhere (because on an average day, we are happy together).

If its too late, then we have to live with the decisions we made and move on:

"The secret of living: Make each day a magnificent adventure. Accept the challenges that come your way. Seize each opportunity that you find without concern for what others might say. Experience each day with open arms, savoring both victory and strife, welcoming the good and the bad together. For only then will you know the joy of life"


No comments: